ACES - Air Conditioning Energy Saver
If you use Air-Conditioning to cool your building you could be wasting up to 30% of all the energy it consumes!
When switched on, typical air conditioning systems operate continuously until the room thermostat senses the desired temperature and turns the system off. As the room warms up, the thermostat switches the air conditioner back on and the cycle repeats.
Air conditioning systems are usually dimensioned to cope with the extreme cooling demands of the few hottest days of the year (plus a safety margin). However, in most operational conditions, this maximum output is not required and the system is oversized. So running the system continuously until the room thermostat switches it off means that the system operates with excess capacity most of the time.
A typical cooling cycle with excess capacity looks like this:
- When the cycle starts, the compressor pushes cooling energy into the heat exchanger which acts as an energy storage. At this stage, the system works with high efficiency because compressors operate most efficiently when fully loaded.
- In normal weather conditions, the energy storage is soon fully "charged up". From this point onwards, the compressor provides more cooling energy than the heat exchanger can take - we call this 'thermodynamic saturation'.
- Running the compressor beyond this stage does not increase the cooling effect any more. It's just a waste of energy!
This is where an ACES cuts in. Its sensor-driven software algorithms are designed to detect thermodynamic saturation and to optimize the compressor accordingly. When overcapacity is detected, ACES switches the compressor off and avoids inefficient overcooling.
When ACES switches into “saver mode”, the fan keeps running and your system makes maximum use of the stored cooling energy in the heat exchanger. Once the stored energy is used up, the compressor can work efficiently again and is switched back on. The set room temperature is reached without the inefficient parts of the cooling cycle. This results in energy savings of up to 30% without compromising cooling comfort.
Benefits you could enjoy with an ACES include:
- Energy Savings of up to 30%
- Payback in Less than 24 Months
- Retrofit product to upgrade existing units
- Quick & Simple Installation
- Excellent Alternative to an Expensive New System
- Anti-Short Cycling & Power Outage Protection